Wonderful piece written by novelist, screenwriter and Spelman College’s Cosby Chair in the Humanities Tananarive Due. Together with her husband Steven Barnes, they recently shot their short film DANGER WORD and are raising funds for the post-production costs, please visit www.dangerword.com to learn more & donate as little $1 to help them see this short film to fruition. DANGER WORD is based on a scene from their joint novel DEVIL’S WAKE. Here Tananarive discusses the legacy of one of speculative fiction’s greatest writers, the late Octavia Estelle Butler. Enjoy!
- @FootnotesMgmt Absolutely. In fact in my 1st novel which I shelved to complete later, my MC is completely nameless throughout on purpose. 7 hours ago
- RT @FootnotesMgmt: Would you read a book where none of the characters are named at any point?! #WritingCommunity #characters 7 hours ago
- RT @karenhunter: Y'all, stop asking trump to denounce racists. Because even if he does say, "I denounce racists," will you believe him? Wil… 9 hours ago
- RT @levarburton: My podcast doesn’t suck! Happy #InternationalPodcastDay.… 18 hours ago
- @Nnedi Wow. Same here w/folks I know. When you can’t look into the political mirror & criticize and laud what you see. You’re on the fringe. 18 hours ago