Wonderful piece written by novelist, screenwriter and Spelman College’s Cosby Chair in the Humanities Tananarive Due. Together with her husband Steven Barnes, they recently shot their short film DANGER WORD and are raising funds for the post-production costs, please visit www.dangerword.com to learn more & donate as little $1 to help them see this short film to fruition. DANGER WORD is based on a scene from their joint novel DEVIL’S WAKE. Here Tananarive discusses the legacy of one of speculative fiction’s greatest writers, the late Octavia Estelle Butler. Enjoy!
- As a FB friend pointed out, I care more about 007 being British than I do the character being black or female. We a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- My eyes starting sweating facebook.com/story.php?stor… 3 hours ago
- RT @elysesalpeter: I'm so naive. I get a friend message from an old peer from high school, thinking they want to reconnect and be friends..… 8 hours ago
- @elysesalpeter Ugh! Hate when that happens! 8 hours ago
- “Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up,” - Ralph Waldo Emerson 8 hours ago