Wonderful piece written by novelist, screenwriter and Spelman College’s Cosby Chair in the Humanities Tananarive Due. Together with her husband Steven Barnes, they recently shot their short film DANGER WORD and are raising funds for the post-production costs, please visit www.dangerword.com to learn more & donate as little $1 to help them see this short film to fruition. DANGER WORD is based on a scene from their joint novel DEVIL’S WAKE. Here Tananarive discusses the legacy of one of speculative fiction’s greatest writers, the late Octavia Estelle Butler. Enjoy!
- RT @seraph76: 25% of cowboys were black, and the whole ranching tradition and the idea of the vaquero in the American West came from Mexico… 7 hours ago
- @GraveyardSister Queen Sugar lol 7 hours ago
- RT @tonetalks: I discussed this on last night’s show with @BreakingBrown When his housing fell through, Chris Berry resorted to living out… 7 hours ago
- RT @BreakingBrown: The Super Wealthy like Robert F Smith r getting a windfall of 💰 from the Trump tax cuts. It’s great 👍🏽 that part of that… 7 hours ago
- RT @NisiShawl: Scholarship deadlines for @writingtheother classes are coming up! Don’t stop yourself from applying because you don’t want t… 7 hours ago