Wonderful piece written by novelist, screenwriter and Spelman College’s Cosby Chair in the Humanities Tananarive Due. Together with her husband Steven Barnes, they recently shot their short film DANGER WORD and are raising funds for the post-production costs, please visit www.dangerword.com to learn more & donate as little $1 to help them see this short film to fruition. DANGER WORD is based on a scene from their joint novel DEVIL’S WAKE. Here Tananarive discusses the legacy of one of speculative fiction’s greatest writers, the late Octavia Estelle Butler. Enjoy!
- Does anyone recall a time where a Democratic President made similar, derogatory remarks to any member of Congress a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- Some whites amuse me by posting/sending examples of stories & folklore as old as (and in some cases older) than… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @BreakingBrown: And we’ve already laid out how we determine who gets paid. Dr Darity laid it out & @tonetalks tied the knot extra tight.… 1 day ago
- My friend & mentor Leonardo Smith wrote this for the AJC: “There’s the politics of this, but there’s also the huma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @JudgeGregMathis: THE STRUGGLE MUST CONTINUE! https://t.co/vYfHJYRuJ5 2 days ago